geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject More Tomcat Updates
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 04:20:08 GMT
I have finally implemented the Valve chains to the Tomcat integration
and finalized the context configuration.  I would suffice to say Tomcat
is pretty much/mostly integrated into Geronimo (short of major testing).

The context configuration does not use the context.xml file, but uses
the geronimo-tomcat.xml file instead.  It is in this file that we do the
similar type of setup as you would have in the Tomcat context.xml, but
you use gbeans instead.  You may set up context specific valves (in a
chain I might add) and set up a custom realm here as well.  This is
where you would use/declare the TomcatGeronimoRealm for JACC for your
context.

I will be updating the wiki next with a full description/howto for using
Tomcat in geronimo using the GBean configuration paradigm.  The above is
just a quick summary.

After I have completed this I will add on some periphery Tomcat GBean
wrapper objects for listeners, etc.

I encourage folks to kick the tires and give it a spin.

--
Jeff Genender
http://geronimo.apache.org