geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] API and Implementation serialization compatibility and upgrading
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 23:13:43 GMT
Hi,

 From the ActiveMQ viewpoint,  we would rather:

> PROJECT POLL:
>   [ ]  We will do our best to ensure the implementations of our APIs
> are serialization compatible to future versions of our code.
>   [X]  We do our best to ensure our public APIs, but use of our
> implementations in such a way is not supported by us.

ActiveMQ standalone does not currently have these serialization issues
so it's unfortunate that for us to play nice with Geronimo we would
have to add on a Serialization requirement on our GBeans.  It's
actually quite unfortunate that ActiveMQ even needs to implement
GBeans.  It just proves that the geronimo IOC container is not
transparent.  And adding the Serialization requirements makes that even
worse.