geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Stable/Unstable/Sandbox
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 02:48:49 GMT

On May 31, 2005, at 5:55 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On May 31, 2005, at 8:10 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> (reordered)
>>
>>> Just going to throw out that I think the only goal we can all agree
>>> on is to not regress on certification once we achieve it.
>>>

>> I certainly hope we agree on this :-) but hope we can find more to
>> agree on.

>> I don't know about fair, but I am finding this discussion nearly as
>> distracting as the previous one that we put on hold.  I still don't
>> see what exotic svn tricks might buy us over normal svn usage, and
>> don't want to spend a lot of time thinking about it until we pass all
>> the tests.  I still think everyones perspective may change once we
>> are passing all the tests and have fixed the few egregious
>> architectural problems that crept in.
>>
>> I would like to put this discussion on hold until we pass all the
>> tests
>
> if that happens, w/o a stable area, we have to put all changes except
> certification related changes on hold until we pass.
>
> right?

Not really, I think anything we agree should be in our actual first
certified release can be added.  For instance I'd like to see Jeremy's
configuration and assembly plugins get to a working state and be used
for the build.  There are a couple of other changes I have in mind that
dont affect tests passing but improve the structure or usability.
There's at least one patch (servlet start order) I want to apply soon.

thanks
david jencks