geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Stable/Unstable/Sandbox
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 23:40:00 GMT
On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 04:21:21PM -0700, David Blevins wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 11:50:43AM -0400, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> > Can we agree that we need to somehow construct the stable, unstable
> > and sandbox codebases?
>
> I don't think we have agreed on what is stable and what is unstable.  We were having
a discussion on the fact that it is now impossible to offer a stable upgrade/patch path for
applications.  That thread was killed with "PLEASE CAN WE PUT IT ON HOLD UNTIL AFTER CERTIFICATION."

> Now Jeremy has proposed that we ignore that discussion and begin cementing what we currently
have as stable.  How is that at all fair?

Just going to throw out that I think the only goal we can all agree on is to not regress on
certification once we achieve it.

-David