geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Thierry Templier <temp...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: Integration of Geronimo modules (Tx / JCA) in Spring
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 08:23:10 GMT
Thanks a lot David!
I'll take a look at Tranql and the derby xa wrapper...
Have you seen the code to initialize the Geronimo
TransactionManager and TransactionContextManager? Is
it correct and what about the NullPointerException we
have had in the ConnectionTrackingCoordinator class?
Thierry

> I think that would be a good idea.  We don't really
> have a generic xa
> wrapper because you really want to expose the
> XADatasource properties
> as ManagedConnectionFactory properties.  This is
> really easy to do,
> however: see the derby xa wrapper in geronimo.
> Since there aren't all
> that many xa drivers, wrapping all of them may not
> be an infinitely
> large task.  We do have a generic Driver wrapper,
> and the j2ca
> framework deals just fine with local transaction
> adapters.  (you don't
> get xa semantics, but you don't get exceptions
> either).
>
> Remember also that the pooling code itself is inside
> the
> ConnectionManager implementation, thus in the
> geronimo connector
> module.
>
> A couple other comments that might be a bit advanced
> for now...
>
> One other hidden tidbit you might be interested in
> is, Jeremy figured
> out how to make last-resource one phase commit
> optimization actually
> work with correct semantics if the last resource is
> a database and it
> is used for the transaction log.  There's an
> untested implementation of
> this in o.a.g.connector.outbound.transactionlog.  I
> think it could be
> useful when you want to use jms and a non-xa
> database.
>
> Also, the "bridge" stuff for container managed
> security is probably a
> bad idea and should be replaced by just putting more
> login modules into
> your original login configuration.
>
> thanks!
> david jencks
>

> >> Here's part of the cvs connection string:
> >> cvs.tranql.codehaus.org:/home/projects/tranql/scm
> >>
> >> Generally each driver really should have a driver
> specific class to
> >> indicate which sql exceptions it throws mean that
> a connection is
> >> dead and should be discarded.  However, no one
> has actually written
> >> one of these yet :-)

Take a look at my blog:
http://templth.blogspot.com/

Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de stockage pour vos mails, photos et vidéos
!
Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com