geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Module restructure
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 16:48:25 GMT

On May 27, 2005, at 12:40 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>
>> Clearly, we need something like this to get organized around the
>> final push for certification and the 1.0 release, by why not just
>> branch for the stable, and head is unstable?
>>

> The names are just suggestions - "trunk", "head", "unstable",
> whatever.
>
> The important thing is that you can easily checkout and build each
> tree on its own so we can't have both stable and unstable branches
> of modules (e.g. transaction) under trunk.

right - this is SVN, so the standard branching model actually doesn't
work.  We'll need the branches outside of /trunk anyway

so we have /trunk and /branches/stable and /branches/unstable, the
former for release work, and the latter for really nutty stuff that
people want to work on, and head is where mainline development
continues?

geir

geirm@apache.org