Bruce Snyder wrote:
On Mar 22, 2005 8:05 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <adc@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

Thanks Bruce.  I'm eager to hear what they say.

FWIW, here's the answer from YourKit:

Can the open source license for YourKit be used by anyone to work on
the open source project for which it is granted?

we are providing licenses for particular persons involved into OS
project.

I'm trying to
determine what is meant by the term 'developers' in the license. Does
this mean anyone who works on the open source project or does it need
to be a committer?

there is no any restrictions on person's role in the project. It
might be a dedicated QA person who test quality, or code committer.
In other words 'developer' is person takes part in a OS project and
need a license to perform profiling.

Best regards,
Vladimir Kondratyev
YourKit, LLC

So it would seem that the license is not restricted to only committers
for the project.

This is great.  I'm pretty familiar w/ the official role of an ASF committer.  I wasn't aware that there were others.  How would you distribute the licenses to those in the community who want one?

Regards,
Alan