geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: New Tomcat Changes
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:25:44 GMT

On Apr 25, 2005, at 4:07 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> I am not sure if we are utilizing this for Jetty...I didn't see a
> virtual-server style parameter in the geronimo-jetty.xsd.  Perhaps it
> is somewhere else...which leads me to a discussion we have had in the
> past...

I think jetty supports virtual hosts but we haven't implemented support
for it in the geronimo integration.  I can never remember what they are
:-( but if you remind me I might be able to suggest how to do it.

> I would very much be interested in taking the geronimo-jetty.xml and
> geronimo-tomcat.xml files and merge them as a common version, such as
> a geronimo-web.xml...and remove the jetty namespace attributes from
> the xsd.  This way both containers can surf off the same file....and
> reuse the xmlbean code. I did not see anything in the xds that was
> container specific.  If anything is container specific, the builder
> could ignore the parameter.

+100.  I don't think there is anything jetty specific in the jetty
module builder.  If you can figure out how to add vhost support that
can continue to be the case :-)

Were there some JACC requirements about contextID and virtual hosts?

thanks
david jencks