geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Proposal for login modules for a GenericSecurityRealm (please approve or object)
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:00:20 GMT
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> Having gone though helping to document what we have I tend to agree it
> is too complex. I think this change helps a bit so would say commit it.
> An example of how to set up multiple modules would be useful, and please
> update the wiki as well.
>
> What we have now was meant to be a simplification compared to what we
> had last Nov. I don't think we really succeeded :-(

	Hmmm... revisionist history...  IIRC, we were looking to simplify
more at the code level, I think (one example is to get away from the model
of every back end security store type requiring a different realm
implementation with repeated code; another example is to allow features
like lockout to be implemented separately from any individual security
realm), and fix some serious problems with the local/remote realms and so
on.  I think we did a lot of that.  That's not to say there's not more
work to be done (the Wiki has a substantial list, plus of course issues
like what David's raising), but, well, let's not be overly dramatic...

	FYI, the Wiki *has* an example of how to set up multiple modules
(and what seemed to me like a fair bit of documentation), though I'm sure
it will need to be updated after the proposed changes.

Aaron