geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From siss...@insession.com
Subject maven HTTP 302 errors and the jetty-builder and spring-builder modules
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:46:56 GMT
Hi Jeremy,

I am getting 46 of these types of errors when performing an online build:

Attempting to download geronimo-xmlbeans-plugin-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
Error retrieving artifact from
[http://www.apache.org/~jboynes/geronimo/plugins/geronimo-xmlbeans-plugin-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar]:

java.io.
IOException: Unknown error downloading; status code was: 302

The errors occur in the jetty-builder and spring-builder modules.

Can you please change your maven.repo.remote to point to
http://people.apache.org/~jboynes in these two modules.

FYI.. On a related note, I had quick look at the Maven 1.0.2 source for
the org.apache.maven.util.HttpUtils.retrieveArtifact(..) method and it
appears that the
redirection isn't actually performed (since it throws an IOException and
doesn't return the redirectURL).

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/maven-1/core/trunk/src/java/org/apache/maven/util/HttpUtils.java?rev=122514&view=markup

I noticed that this code has been completely changed in HEAD, so probably
not worth following up.  I'm not sure if this has been causing people
problems.

Thanks,

John

some notes..

telnet www.apache.org 80
GET /~jboynes/geronimo/plugins/geronimo-xmlbeans-plugin-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
HTTP/1.0
Host: www.apache.org

HTTP/1.1 302 Found