geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From siss...@insession.com
Subject Should J2EE apps be using the SystemDatasource ?
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:53:43 GMT
Is the SystemDatasource only intended for the internal use of Geronimo and
associated components (e.g. Geronimo's "timertasks" table, ActiveMQ's
tables ) and not intended for direct use by J2EE applications?  I am
guessing some reasons for this could be:

* safety - we don't want J2EE apps playing with our internal tables or
have any table name conflicts with J2EE apps
* performance?

Does anyone know of any other tables that will be placed in the
SystemDatasource?

some notes for future reference...

Geronimo's "timertasks" table creation statements are in
geronimo\modules\timer\src\java\org\apache\geronimo\timer\jdbc\JDBCWorkerPersistence.java

ActiveMQ's table creation statements are in the getCreateSchemaStatments
(..) method in
activemq\modules\core\src\java\org\activemq\store\jdbc\adapter\DefaultStatementProvider.java

John