geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@4quarters.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Geronimo PMC Managed, project-specific Maven Repository
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 21:37:32 GMT

On Apr 4, 2005, at 4:45 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 03:10:55PM -0400, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

>>> +1
>>>
>>> We do our best to eliminate the SNAPSHOTs, but the reality is we
>>> can't
>>> always eliminate all of them.
>>
>> You guys are crazy.  We have to be able to eliminate them, especially
>> for production releases. Even before we're 1.0, I would expect that
>> our
>> 0.8 and 0.9 stuff are becoming good enough for some dependable use,
>> and
>> thus we should only depend on released software.
>
> What is 0.8 and 0.9?

Oh, sorry.  I keep thinking in terms of versions leading up to a 1.0
release.  I know we don't do that here (yet), but just think of things
that way.

IOW, I think that a 1.0 should be fairly dependable, and thus the
fractional releases leading up to 1.0 should be the kind of code you
can work with some reasonable amount of trust.

In any event, having snapshots of external projects is something we
should avoid.

geir

geir@gluecode.com