geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark <>
Subject GBean Last Startup
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 03:16:16 GMT
Hi all,

I have a need to start Geronimo as the root user under Solaris and then
once it’s started switch the effective user of the process to a user
with fewer privileges. Part of the requirement is to allow Geronimo to
startup using ports lower than 1024. Once all the server sockets have
been created the process user can be switched.

Does the Geronimo kernel have the ability to load a GBean last? I am
thinking that I could create a GBean to perform the user switch. If this
GBean was started last, then I would know that Tomcat, Jetty, OpenEJB
and other server services would have already initialized their server

Alternatively, I could create a GBean that has a collection or reference
to other network service GBeans. Once I get this reference, I know the
kernel has loaded the GBeans, but I may not know their status (started,
stopped or waiting). I’ve noticed that in GBeanInstance, there is a
magic attribute to get a GBeans state.

Sound possible or am I way off here?

View raw message