geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark <delafran_j...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: GBean Last Startup
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 18:13:09 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> I may not understand exactly what you are proposing but I think it
> won't work :-)  When a gbean is started, the constructor is called,
> all the attributes and references not present as constructor args are
> set, and doStart() is called before the framework goes on to another
> gbean.

Ok, thanks for the GBean clarification.  Based on what you've written
below, I think we are on the same page. :-)

I can see Unix users wanting to have the web server port 80 active.  In
another thread there was the suggestion of placing the server behind a
firewall and using port forwarding to the app server.  In my experience,
we've had customers not wanting to use the firewall port forwarding.
For now this is not a major issue.

Let me think about this a little more...

Thanks
Mark