geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nightly Releases
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:49:52 GMT
On Apr 10, 2005 5:18 PM, David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com> wrote:

> Let me try and get you some quick answers before my wife pulls me away from the computer.
>
> Using ant:checksum is cool.  Any MD5 or SHA hash is good.
> We don't realy need PGP signatures to be part of the nightly build.  For an official
release, that part can just be done by hand.
> The svn:mkdir isn't what we want.  There is a java version of ssh somewhere that i know
Maven is using.  Might look into that.
> Don't add it to the exising maven.xml, use one of our plugins for a template.
>
> I've attached a shell script version of a nigtly build you can model after.

I've been trying to get the bash script from David for nightly builds
running on minotaur lately. What I've found is that it will run just
fine on Linux, but not on any FreeBSD instance that I've tried so far.
Below is the error I'm consistently receiving:

$ sh -x ./bin/nightly_release.sh
+ RHOME=/home/bsnyder
+ PROJ=geronimo
+ BIN_DIR=modules/assembly/target
+ DIST=/home/bsnyder/dist
+ export SVN_URL=http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo
+ export REPO_USER=dblevins
+ export REPO_DIR=/www/cvs.apache.org/repository
+ export REPO=apache.org
+ export VN=1.0
+ export RELEASE_DIR=/www/cvs.apache.org/dist/geronimo
+ wget+ grep+ sed s/[^0-9]//g
 -q title
 -O - http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk
+ SVN_VERSION=160721
+ VERSION=1.0-160721
+ RELEASE_ID=geronimo-1.0-160721
+ VERSION_DIR=/www/cvs.apache.org/dist/geronimo/unstable/1.0-160721
+ echo RELEASE geronimo-1.0-160721
RELEASE geronimo-1.0-160721
./bin/nightly_release.sh: 26: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

I've done a lot of shell scripting in my time, but this particular
error has managed to completely stump me. Does anyone know what the
issue might be?

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project