geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <>
Subject Re: Getting a YourKit License
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2005 00:13:43 GMT
On Mar 22, 2005 8:05 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <> wrote:
> Thanks Bruce.  I'm eager to hear what they say.

FWIW, here's the answer from YourKit:

> Can the open source license for YourKit be used by anyone to work on
> the open source project for which it is granted?

we are providing licenses for particular persons involved into OS

> I'm trying to
> determine what is meant by the term 'developers' in the license. Does
> this mean anyone who works on the open source project or does it need
> to be a committer?

there is no any restrictions on person's role in the project. It
might be a dedicated QA person who test quality, or code committer.
In other words 'developer' is person takes part in a OS project and
need a license to perform profiling.

Best regards,
Vladimir Kondratyev
YourKit, LLC

So it would seem that the license is not restricted to only committers
for the project.

The Castor Project

Apache Geronimo

View raw message