geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject question about appropriate behavior when no web services are installed
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:17:12 GMT
Due to our modular architecture, we should be able to set up geronimo
so that it will deploy web apps or ejb modules but not web services.

Assuming we have such a geronimo configuration, what should happen when
someone tries to deploy a module that does include web services, as
indicated by a webservices.xml deployment descriptor?

(1) refuse to deploy the app
(2) deploy the non-webservice parts of the app

What should happen when such a module tries to use web services via a
service-ref?
(1) refuse to deploy the app
(2) deploy the app, but not bind anything for the service ref into jndi.

thanks
david jencks