geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for login modules for a GenericSecurityRealm (please approve or object)
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 05:07:05 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> I think that the security configuration is still too complicated to
> expect people to configure via gbeans and think that a specialized xml
> format and builder for setting up login modules, realms, etc etc may
> provide a way to make setting up security actually comprehensible :-)

Having gone though helping to document what we have I tend to agree it
is too complex. I think this change helps a bit so would say commit it.
An example of how to set up multiple modules would be useful, and please
update the wiki as well.

What we have now was meant to be a simplification compared to what we
had last Nov. I don't think we really succeeded :-(

--
Jeremy