geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject ServerRealmConfigurationEntry
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 03:19:39 GMT
As I understand the security setup, in the deployment plan we can set up
the indirection between the application's realm name (from the standard
DD) and a GenericSecurityRealm that defines the physical realm.

If this is true, why do we need ServerRealmConfigurationEntry's at all?
Aren't they introducing a level of indirection that isn't needed?

Is the benefit here that you can define the principal mapping against a
logical realm name and then map that in one place to the physical realm
name? If so, could this be done with a simple plan element rather than
making the user define a GBean?

--
Jeremy