geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <>
Subject Spring cleaning
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:34:30 GMT
It has been a very long time since we went around and cleaned up some of
the things that seemed like good ideas at the time. I would like to
propose a spring-cleaning exercise.

For example, if we look in the sandbox we moved a lot of things there
over a year ago on the basis that they might be useful later; this
includes mail, remoting and explorer which have all been implemented
differently in the trunk. I would suggest we remove everything from
there except Gianny's webdav stuff (unless he thinks that should go too).

There is also some utility stuff in the common, core and system modules
that is not being used and which can be removed to reduce clutter and

Finally, I'd like to revisit the dependencies we have. For example, I
recently came across the case where we were using a RC version of the
velocity jellybean but then they had cut the final release and we just
had not upgraded. We should go back and see if there are more instances
of this. We may also find that by removing some of the clutter some
dependencies can also be removed entirely.

Any thoughts, objections, or additional stuff that could be cleaned up?

View raw message