geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Xiaomin Huang <xhuang_j...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Failed build for Axis
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:36:17 GMT
Thanks David. You noticed a good point. I had
downloaded the cource code for a very long time and
had been "svn update" since at least the end of last
year. In the middle of Feb or March, the build broke.
So I guess this simple update somehow didn't clean up
the removed classes.
How can I clean up the source just using svn command?

Xiaomin

--- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure how you got what you have, but it is
> not revision 161049.
> The classes that won't compile for you were removed
> a long time ago.
>
> However, you should get to at least rev 161061 since
> immediately before
> that there was a compilation problem.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
> On Apr 12, 2005, at 11:22 AM, Xiaomin Huang wrote:
>
> > Hi, I have updated to version 161049. I have
> numerous
> > compilation errors while trying to generate Axis
> jar.
> > Following is part of the console output
> information,
> > it looks like Maven could not locate some of
> imported
> > packages like org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment,
> > org.apache.geronimo.kernel, etc.
> > But I thought those should be in the repository,
> > right?
> > Thanks,
> > Xiaomin
> >
> > +----------------------------------------
> > | Executing default Geronimo :: Axis
> > | Memory: 45M/73M
> > +----------------------------------------
> > Attempting to download
> > geronimo-security-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
> > Attempting to download
> > geronimo-webservices-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
> > Attempting to download
> commons-discovery-SNAPSHOT.jar.
> > Plugin 'maven-deploy-plugin' in project 'Geronimo
> ::
> > Axis' is not available
> >
> > test:test-resources:
> > Copying 2 files to

C:\JavaIDE\Subversion\bin\geronimo\modules\axis\target\test-classes

> > test:compile:
> >     [javac] Compiling 10 source files to

C:\JavaIDE\Subversion\bin\geronimo\modules\axis\target\test-classes

> > [javac]
> > C:

\JavaIDE\Subversion\bin\geronimo\modules\axis\src\test\org\apache\geron

imo\axis\preconditions\DynamicEJBDeploymentTest.java:25:
> > cannot find symbol
> >
> > [javac] symbol  : class AxisGeronimoConstants
> >
> > [javac] location: package
> > org.apache.geronimo.axis.testUtils
> >
> > [javac] import

org.apache.geronimo.axis.testUtils.AxisGeronimoConstants;

> > [javac]
> ^
> >
> > [javac]
> > C:

\JavaIDE\Subversion\bin\geronimo\modules\axis\src\test\org\apache\geron

imo\axis\preconditions\DynamicEJBDeploymentTest.java:26:
> > cannot find symbol
> >
> > [javac] symbol  : class J2EEManager
> >
> > [javac] location: package
> > org.apache.geronimo.axis.testUtils
> >
> > [javac] import
> > org.apache.geronimo.axis.testUtils.J2EEManager;
> >
> > [javac]
> ^
> >
> > [javac]
> > C:

\JavaIDE\Subversion\bin\geronimo\modules\axis\src\test\org\apache\geron

imo\axis\preconditions\DynamicEJBDeploymentTest.java:28:
> > package org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment does
> not
> > exist
> >
> > [javac] import

org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder;
> >     [javac]
> > ^
> >
> > [javac]
> > C:

\JavaIDE\Subversion\bin\geronimo\modules\axis\src\test\org\apache\geron

imo\axis\preconditions\DynamicEJBDeploymentTest.java:29:
> > package org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment does
> not
> > exist
> >     [javac] import

org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.ResourceReferenceBuilder;
> >     [javac]
> > ^
> >     [javac]
> > C:

\JavaIDE\Subversion\bin\geronimo\modules\axis\src\test\org\apache\geron

imo\axis\preconditions\DynamicEJBDeploymentTest.java:30:
> > package org.apache.geronimo.kernel does not exist
> >     [javac] import
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.Kernel;
> >     [javac]                                   ^
> >     [javac]
> > C:

\JavaIDE\Subversion\bin\geronimo\modules\axis\src\test\org\apache\geron

imo\axis\preconditions\DynamicEJBDeploymentTest.java:31:
> > package org.apache.geronimo.kernel.jmx does not
> exist
> >     [javac] import
> > org.apache.geronimo.kernel.jmx.JMXUtil;
> >     [javac]
> ^
> >     [javac]
> > C:

\JavaIDE\Subversion\bin\geronimo\modules\axis\src\test\org\apache\geron

imo\axis\preconditions\DynamicEJBDeploymentTest.java:45:
> > cannot find symbol
> >     [javac] symbol  : class Kernel
> >     [javac] location: class

org.apache.geronimo.axis.preconditions.DynamicEJBDeploymentTest
> >     [javac]     private Kernel kernel;
> >     [javac]             ^
> >     [javac]
> > C:

\JavaIDE\Subversion\bin\geronimo\modules\axis\src\test\org\apache\geron

imo\axis\preconditions\DynamicEJBDeploymentTest.java:46: