geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Geronimo PMC Managed, project-specific Maven Repository
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 07:38:20 GMT

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> So when we decide to do a milestone (or release) we need to ensure there
> are no dependencies on versions with SNAPSHOT in them and instead use
> ones that contain a SVN revision number or a CVS timestamp:
>
> bad:    foo-bar-1.3-SNAPSHOT.jar
> ok:     foo-bar-1.3-20050401.jar
> better: foo-bar-1.3-158653.jar

If you are truly paranoid - then have the dependency not just lis thte
name; but also mention the MD5 or some UUID (and have the UUID resolve
into the full name, some date, file length and MD5). I.e. adding a level
of indirection to make the metadata richer; leaving room for things like
xml sig's in the future.

Dw