geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@4quarters.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Geronimo PMC Managed, project-specific Maven Repository
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 01:26:27 GMT

On Mar 31, 2005, at 8:15 PM, Hiram Chirino wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2005, at 7:35 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

>>> I think for a release, yes..  we should take the effort and specify
>>> the snapshot number.
>>
>> I'm confused, and want to make sure we're not just talking past each
>> other accidentally.  For a release, we don't use snapshots anyway,
>> right?  We'd generate a set of jars all with the release version
>> number in the filename.
>>

> Not sure why you think we would not use snapshots.  For example, if we
> were releasing M4, it would have to ship with a SNAPSHOT of activemq
> 3.0 since it's not ready to be released yet.  We would generate
> numbered snapshot using the svn revision number of the activemq
> sources.

Ah - of other stuff.  I figured there was something missing.

Interesting question.  Could we ask ActiveMQ to do a
ActiveMQ-3.0-pre-alpha-don'tuse.jar (or whatever they wanted to call
it)?  yes, that would be a snapshot, but since it better be a
functional snapshot (rather than somewhat random), couldn't that be a
milestone release from ActiveMQ if we asked really, really nicely?

geir

geir@gluecode.com