geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <hemap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change to AxisWebServiceContainer class in axis module?
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 01:45:54 GMT
Yap, Dims and David .. I will move the TestCase to the axis-builder

Just a random thought ..

the AxisWebServiceContainer not work with just any SOAPService and
expect certain value to be set. Since the normal user do not see this
details it is not critical.

but it does not live up to the expecations one get whn he look at the
method signatures. And when I tried with the most natural way to get a
SOAPService (by parsing axis DD, deploy.wsdd) and run the
AxisWebServiceContainer with that SOAP service it failed with
NullPointers

Any chance to fix it ?
thanks
Srinath

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:35:49 -0600, David Blevins
<david.blevins@visi.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 08:14:47PM +0600, Srinath Perera wrote:
> > Hi All;
> >
> > I wrote a TestCase for axis module and checked it in. But the soap
> > invocation fails and send back a SOAPFault. This can be fixed by
> > changing the line 63 of AxisWebServiceContainer
> >
> > org.apache.axis.MessageContext context = new
> > org.apache.axis.MessageContext(null); to
> > org.apache.axis.MessageContext context = new
> > org.apache.axis.MessageContext(new AxisServer());
> >
> > I do not do the change yet .. I remeber David Blevins mentioned he do
> > the code without AxisEngine, not sure will it couse trouble
> >  thoughts?
>
> Hi Srinath,
>
> Thanks for the test case, looks like a great start.  Your problem with the axis engine
will go away if you use the AxisServiceBuilder to build the JavaServiceDesc instead of building
it by hand in the test case.  Since maven doesn't like circular dependencies, you'll probably
have to move the test case to the axis-builder module to get that to compile.