geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Splitting up geronimo-system
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:15:28 GMT
I'm a bit confused about what specifically you are proposing to move.
For example, would it be the full logging stuff or just the logging
initializer code?

Also, are we going to loose reuse if we start moving this code to
configuration packaging modules?  I would assume that if we move the
command line stuff to one the packaged configuration, and another
needed the same command line code it would need to make a copy of the
source code.

One last thing, do we really want to be moving code and changing the
build right now?  I like the idea, but I'm not sure about the timing.

The static initializers really do suck :)

-dain

--
Dain Sundstrom
Chief Architect