geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Split Interop Module ...
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:51:41 GMT
On Mar 29, 2005, at 7:36 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Mark wrote:
>> I am considering the idea of splitting up the interop module into two
>> different pieces: interop and interop-corba.    Moving forward, the
>> interop module will need to make some calls into OpenEJB and
>> OpenEJB/interop will both require generated corba related classes.
>> The OpenEJB dependency could be change to interop-corba and the
>> interop module could depend on both interop-corba and OpenEJB.
>> I anticipate this to be a minor change with no interrpution on other
>> developers.
>> Any thoughts?
>
> Just that we need to ensure that Geronimo does not depend on OpenEJB -
> where we are calling in it should be through interfaces that Geronimo
> defines and OpenEJB implements.

Mark, please create a new fresh email when sending something to the
list.  When you respond to an existing email and clean out the body and
subject, the mail headers that link this new email to the previous
thread are still intact, so many mail clients will automatically mix
the new thread emails into the original thread.

Anyway, is this the Adapter code for OpenEJB?  If so, this code is very
OpenEJB specific and should be moved into the OpenEJB project instead
of being part of Geronimo.  Then we don't have circular dependency
problems.

-dain