geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark <delafran_j...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Deployment EJB with Mail Resource References
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 21:03:23 GMT
David,

I've got the resource ref to work - thanks.  However, I have a few
observations:

1. During deployment resource references appear to be resolved by
looking for a gbean with a matching "namePart" as the needed resource
reference.

2. Instead of changing the j2ee-server-plan.xml , it would probably be
better to have an example on the wiki of a plan with definitions for
resource references and then the ejb's definition.  This way a user can
deploy a single plan

3. It appears that there are no transport implementations provided by
Geronimo.  Sending an SMTP messages does nothing.  I believe the
JavaMail Reference Implementation contains a reference transport
implementation that would probably work with Geronimo.  I assume that
for certification Geronimo only requries the implementation of the
JavaMail APIs and not the actual transports.

Thanks
Mark