geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark <delafran_j...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: RMI classloading
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:22:30 GMT
The nested exception case is interesting since there is value in
recreating an exception on the client side.  From what I recall, Corba
does not have a standard way a sending back an arbitrary server
exception to the client.

As for remote interfaces, the client should already be able to access
these.  As for stubs, these can be auto generated and compiled on the
client side or some form of proxying can be used to avoid stub
generation.  Stubs will implement the remote interface.

I have seen other vendors either place server specific stubs into a
client side jar or the client side name service could download them from
an http server that is running within the app server.

Mark