geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Next milestone release (M4?)
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:29:14 GMT
As usual, I'm afraid I was less clear than mud.
On Mar 29, 2005, at 10:09 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> 1. Agreed.  This should be a non-issue shortly.

I'm not referring to the current "maven detects circular dependencies
in uber-build" problem but rather the problem that the uberbuild is the
only way to build geronimo + openejb starting from a repo with no
geronimo and openejb artifacts.  Openejb depends on various geronimo
modules whereas assembly depends on openejb.  We need a way to build
something like specs/tranql/(g. modules - assembly)/openejb/assembly.

> 2. This is a tall order, IMHO.  I think that this is a goal that
> should be vigorously sought but I don't think that it should stop a
> milestone release.  Maybe a v1.0 release, I'll grant you that.

I agree. I'd like to eliminate privately patched jars but try to
minimize snapshots.

thanks
david jencks