geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nightly Releases
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:13:37 GMT
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:03:30 -0800, Dain Sundstrom
<dsundstrom@gluecode.com> wrote:
> +10000000000000000000000000000000
>
> Anyone that has time, please help with this one.  This would be a huge
> help to the whole community.
>
> -dain
>
> On Mar 29, 2005, at 10:39 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>
> > If there are some people with extra time, committer or not, we could
> > *really* use nightly releases.  Strike that, developers build Geronimo
> > several times daily, it's the community that needs nightly releases.
> >
> > We need a bash, jelly, or even java program that can:
> >
> > NIGHTLY-RELEASE (run if build/test passed)
> >      checkout current date (cvs) or current rev (svn)
> >      (using 48765 as example svn rev for explanation)
> >      update the geronimo_version in etc/project.properties to 1.0-48765
> >      zip geronimo-1.0-48765 dir into geronimo-1.0-48765-src.zip
> >      again for tar
> >      build with no tests--testing should have already been done.
> >      zip modules/assembly/target/geronimo-1.0-48765 dir into
> > geronimo-1.0-48765.zip
> >      again for tar
> >      create MD5 files for src/bin tars and zips with openssl
> >      again but with SHA instead of MD5
> >      create 1.0-48765 dir on nightly release server using ssh
> >      copy tar.gz, zip, md5, and sha files into 1.0-48765 using scp
> >      publish jars to remote maven repo
> >      delete any previous nightly releases over a week old.
> >
> > As an added bonus, I actaully had something close once and here it is:
> > http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/svn-release.sh
> >
> > Ugly as heck.  Someting in java or jelly would be the best option as
> > everyone could maintain it.
> >
> > Maybe we can formally thank the person who get's this done by putting
> > their name in a THANK_YOU file in every nightly release for a month or
> > on the website for a while.

Is there no infrastructure at the ASF for performing nightly builds?
If not, I'll just continue w/ David's script to get something going
somewhat quickly via cron from my user space. After this is working, I
can work to migrate it to Maven/Jelly.

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project