geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Next milestone release (M4?)
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:43:23 GMT
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:29:14 -0800, David Jencks <djencks@apache.org> wrote:
> As usual, I'm afraid I was less clear than mud.
> On Mar 29, 2005, at 10:09 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>
> > 1. Agreed.  This should be a non-issue shortly.
>
> I'm not referring to the current "maven detects circular dependencies
> in uber-build" problem but rather the problem that the uberbuild is the
> only way to build geronimo + openejb starting from a repo with no
> geronimo and openejb artifacts.  Openejb depends on various geronimo
> modules whereas assembly depends on openejb.  We need a way to build
> something like specs/tranql/(g. modules - assembly)/openejb/assembly.
>
> > 2. This is a tall order, IMHO.  I think that this is a goal that
> > should be vigorously sought but I don't think that it should stop a
> > milestone release.  Maybe a v1.0 release, I'll grant you that.
>
> I agree. I'd like to eliminate privately patched jars but try to
> minimize snapshots.

It seems like we're starting to get a good pile of issues identified
here that need to happen before work goes into creating a
reproduceable release process, not to mention the requirements of the
release process. I think we should begin by creating JIRA issues to
identify all of this work, but I'm not sure whether to classify these
circular dependencies as bugs, improvements or tasks. Anyone have an
opinion?

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project