geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Moving to xmlbeans v2
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 19:03:29 GMT
I have geronimo running with xmlbeans v 2.  I discovered 3 problems in
xmlbeans v2, one a blocker, for which I submitted a bug report and
patch

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XMLBEANS-116

The other two problems have fairly simple workarounds.

Advantages of v2:

1. bug in namespace of reference to group fixed, simplifying our plan
schemas for env references
2. bug in unique key constraints fixed, allowing us to use the spec
ws-client schema unmodified
3. better handling of any elements, simplifying code in service-builder
for xml-attributes that uses an any element.

I would like to move to v2 as soon as possible to avoid trying to
maintain my patched version.

choices:

1. Move now, using a privately built copy of xmlbeans including my
patch.
2. Move as soon as XMLBEANS-116 is fixed in xmlbeans source using a
snapshot we build (unless xmlbeans is providing snapshots)
3. Move when the next beta including XMLBEANS-116 is released.

Comments?

I'd prefer 1, 2, and 3 in that order.

thanks
david jencks