geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Executable config construction
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:05:17 GMT
That is the way it used to be, and it turned out to be quite painful to
maintain the list in and external xml file.  This xml is really just
syntactic sugar for creating a jar manifest and I think we should just
have our maven tool take an ant sytle manifest directly.  Near the
bottom of this page http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/jar.html is
an example of an inline manifest for a jar file. If we provided this
feature, you would have the full power of the java manifest
specification (such as service declarations), and would not be limited
by the capabilities of our tool.  Also since it would be inline in
maven, you don't need an external tool such as velocity to preprocess
the file to manage the version numbers.

-dain

--
Dain Sundstrom