geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Two deployment tools
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:51:00 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:
> Jeremy,
> 	Can you replace the tool used in the assembly module(s) with this
> plugin, so I can revise the deploy tool to take out all the server
> construction operations?

Sure. There will end up being two plugins: one for end users that will
focus on the packaging side; the other for integrators that want to
produce custom assemblies.

Does this mean we can simplify the deploy tool so that is pure JSR-88?

> 	Also, once a Geronimo is released "into the wild" can this tool be
> run at the command line without Maven?  And if not, can you provide (or
> help someone else provide) a non-Maven wrapper for it?

Easy enough to do, but it does need a Maven repo to load dependencies
from... perhaps we can integrate with Maven's repo code?