geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dedicated maven repo
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 04:41:57 GMT
On Wednesday 30 March 2005 05:20, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> > With the new infrastructure it may be possible to locate this at the
> > ASF in the project's zone. However, as I understand ASF policy they do
> > not allow the standalone distribution of non-ASF code (e.g. a Jetty
> > archive even though it is AL-2.0).
>
> Do we know this for a fact?  If it's true, this strikes me as a really,
> really, silly policy.

I think there is a misunderstanding in the works.

 * Reduction of Jars in the SVN/CVS repos.
 * Don't host entire applications available elsewhere.

Both are policy and guidelines, and barely strict rules. The real rule is;

 * Nothing with incompatible licenses on any ASF infrastructure.

I see no problem with a geronimo.apache.org/maven.

Cheers
Niclas