geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Nightly Releases
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:39:56 GMT
If there are some people with extra time, committer or not, we could *really* use nightly releases.
 Strike that, developers build Geronimo several times daily, it's the community that needs
nightly releases.

We need a bash, jelly, or even java program that can:

NIGHTLY-RELEASE (run if build/test passed)
     checkout current date (cvs) or current rev (svn)
     (using 48765 as example svn rev for explanation)
     update the geronimo_version in etc/project.properties to 1.0-48765
     zip geronimo-1.0-48765 dir into geronimo-1.0-48765-src.zip
     again for tar
     build with no tests--testing should have already been done.
     zip modules/assembly/target/geronimo-1.0-48765 dir into geronimo-1.0-48765.zip
     again for tar
     create MD5 files for src/bin tars and zips with openssl
     again but with SHA instead of MD5
     create 1.0-48765 dir on nightly release server using ssh
     copy tar.gz, zip, md5, and sha files into 1.0-48765 using scp
     publish jars to remote maven repo
     delete any previous nightly releases over a week old.

As an added bonus, I actaully had something close once and here it is: http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/svn-release.sh

Ugly as heck.  Someting in java or jelly would be the best option as everyone could maintain
it.

Maybe we can formally thank the person who get's this done by putting their name in a THANK_YOU
file in every nightly release for a month or on the website for a while.

-David