geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Mark DeLaFranier - new Apache Geronimo committer
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 00:44:58 GMT
On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 03:59:16PM -0500, Mark wrote:
> 1. Under windows I don't have ssh.  Maybe there is an opensource version
> available?

When I was a windows user I used both openssh on cygwin and Putty.  Openssh for commands on
my machine that needed ssh support (cvs, svn, etc) and Putty for loging into boxes to hang
out for awhile.  Preferences vary of course.

Nice thing about openssh on cygwin is that the configuration and usage is pretty much the
same as linux.

> 3. I also tried from a linux box:  (I don't have access to a user
> account named 'delafran' on the machine)
>
> [jagadmin@watlnx4 jagadmin]$ ssh -L 6667:irc.freenode.net:6667
> people.apache.org
[...]
> jagadmin@people.apache.org's password: