geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Mark DeLaFranier - new Apache Geronimo committer
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:38:10 GMT
Welcome aboard, Mark!

Now that you have an apache account you can connect to irc through an ssh tunnel like this:

$ ssh -L 6667:irc.freenode.net:6667 people.apache.org

That will open up a shell, which you should leave open, and will forward 6667 on localhost
through people.apache.org and to 6667 on irc.freenode.net

So now localhost:6667 -> irc.freenode.net:6667 through people.apache.org

Just open up your irc client and connect to localhost:6667.

Hope to see you there!

Alan can give you the tck channel info.

-David