geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: RMI classloading
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:50:54 GMT
On Mar 18, 2005, at 2:42 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>> I think it would bee cool to have remote class loading, but I'm not
>> sure about using the RMI wire protocol for this.  I would expand the
>> OpenEJB protocol to support remote class loading, and I believe IIOP
>> has special hooks to do remote class loading javax.rmi.CORBA.Util,
>> which in OpenEJB delegates to
>> org.openejb.corba.util.UtilDelegateImpl.
>
> I think we should start with the most basic as RMI classloading is
> built into the VM and that is what we are using by default for JMX
> remoting.

I think we should stop using RMI there also.

> Everything else would add additional dependencies on the client.
>
> That's not to say we shouldn't add it to the other protocols, just
> that we need the lowest common denominator.

The problem is we need to know the target GBean to load retrieve the
class from so plain old RMI class loading isn't going to work...  well
I suppose you could use the lame vm annotation stuff.  Anyway, I just
don't think using RMI is a good option for a real server.

-dain