geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: RMI classloading
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 21:34:33 GMT
On Mar 17, 2005, at 6:06 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> gianny.damour@optusnet.com.au wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to know if it would be helpful to have a RMI class
>> server.
>>
>> Currently, I see two potential usage:
>> * deployment: currently, we need to be carefull about the exceptions
>> nested within
>> DeploymentException otherwise we will get a ClassNotFoundException.
>> As a matter of
>> fact, by installing a security manager and with the correct policy
>> file, "local
>> deployments" work properly. Indeed, as the ClassLoader used under the
>> cover by
>> Configuration is a URLClassLoader, marshalled classes are "properly"
>> annotated.
>> * IIOP: here I guess that we will need to download the stubs somehow
>> to the clients.
>>
>> If you think that this is a good thing to have, then I am happy to
>> get it working
>>
> That sounds pretty cool. What do you think Mark?

I think it would bee cool to have remote class loading, but I'm not
sure about using the RMI wire protocol for this.  I would expand the
OpenEJB protocol to support remote class loading, and I believe IIOP
has special hooks to do remote class loading javax.rmi.CORBA.Util,
which in OpenEJB delegates to org.openejb.corba.util.UtilDelegateImpl.

-dain