geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Dedicated maven repo
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:09:59 GMT

We've had this forever http://cvs.apache.org/repository/

> I'm +1, and happy to limit the ASF-hosted repo to our build artifacts
> to get started, and use the external proposed repo at Gluecode as a
> replacement for ibiblio as our primary source for external
> dependencies, because iBiblio is so slow and painful at times.

I don't think we should move our repo just because someone believes
there might possibly be a policy against it at Apache.  This simply too
common of an excuse here.  I think that if you really believe there is
a policy against it, then we should ask the board for an official
ruling on it.  We should also insist that any policy is universally
enforced as there are tons of projects that have all their dependencies
in cvs or an Apache hosted repo.  My guess there is no policy against
this (or someone has a lot of enforcement in front of them ;)

My order preference is cvs.apache.org/repository,
geronimo.apache.org/maven, or ibiblio.

-dain