geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Endorsed dir in Tomcat
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:21:55 GMT
Do people actually want to do that?  Anyway, you can change the parser
if you want.  The user just needs to pass the -Djava.endorsed.dirs
command line arg to the server.  My new code simply appends our dir to
the system property, so users can always put their stuff first.  Of
course they will have to add their parser to classpath, which is more
if an issue as our class path comes from the manifest, which can't be
overridden.  Also, if you change the xml parser, you will no longer be
running a certified server (once we are certified) as the parser is
part of the J2EE tested binary.

-dain

--
Dain Sundstrom