geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Signatrue change of GBeanRegistry.listGBeans [Re: svn commit: r154941]
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 02:10:39 GMT
On Feb 23, 2005, at 6:00 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>> No. I'm saying we have a status quo that people understand and code
>> to.  You are arguing to change the this so, I believe the burden is
>> on you to prove that we are better off removing the features.
>
> You yourself said that no-one is using it, so removing the complexity
> and simplifying the implementation is normally considered a good
> thing.

My comment was not just about domain queries, it also addressed the
split of names and patterns, which you comment does not address.

Saying that "removing complexity is good" is like saying "puppies are
cute".  Yes we all agree, but that does not prove that this feature
results in complexity, and that removing it will result in less
complexity.  Complexity is a hydra, you chop off one head and it
reappears somewhere else.

I personally do not find the domain query complex and we already have a
fully working implementation in the non-jmx registry.  I do not think
that removing it will make this class noticeably simpler, but maybe you
are thinking of some other code.

Is there some other reason you want to remove these feature?

-dain