geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: CDATA and GBean attributes
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:00:03 GMT
I think this all ties in to how we construct the dynamic deployment
module for a module we are trying to deploy.

There's certainly no need for the namespace to be included in the gbean
name of  the builder.  Builders are going to have to register with a
framework somehow: currently they either register with Deployer if they
are ConfigBuilders or have references from the EarBuilder or a
ModuleBuilder.  A builder gbean can certainly have a read-only
namespace attribute, or call a registration method with the namespace
as a parameter.

I'm not yet convinced that the tradeoff of eliminating complete
validation of a plan is worth the flexibility of an any element with
dynamic extension registration.

david jencks

On Feb 25, 2005, at 11:37 AM, Hiram Chirino wrote:

> Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>> Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>>>
>>> Stealing a page from the JavaMail spec
>> Those words send a cold cold shiver through my soul.
>>> why not have resource files called geronimo.builders and
>>> geronimo.default.builders.  These are resource files located in
>>> META-INF.  They declare a builders and could also hold their