geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: CDATA and GBean attributes
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:53:34 GMT
On Feb 23, 2005, at 11:40 AM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 12:13:50PM -0500, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>> I don't parse the data at startup.  The data gets parsed by a
>> tssConfigEditor and a cssConfigEditor at deployment time.
>
> Cool.  Is this a case where you could put the xml in another file in
> the archive and have the attribute be the name of the file?

I personally dislike having lots of little config files in the archive.
  I think it would be more natural for our xml document to be
extensible, and support importing of schemas into our catalog.

And to appease david's no-mixed context rule we could have two
attribute elements, one for xml and one for text;

<attribute name="port">8888</attribute>

<xattribute name="securityConfig">
     <security xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security">
         <default-principal realm-name="public-properties-realm">
             <principal class="o.a.g.s.r.p.GeronimoUserPrincipal"
name="j2ee"/>
         </default-principal>
         <role-mappings>
             <role role-name="Administrator">
                 <realm realm-name="public-properties-realm">
                     <principal
class="o.a.g.s.r.p.GeronimoUserPrincipal" name="j2ee"/>
                 </realm>
             </role>
             <role role-name="Employee">
                 <realm realm-name="public-properties-realm">
                     <principal
class="o.a.g.s.r.p.GeronimoUserPrincipal" name="j2ee"/>
                 </realm>
             </role>
         </role-mappings>
     </security>