geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: Endorsed dir in Tomcat
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:31:50 GMT
Geronimo is required to ship xerces 2, and the only way to get the JVM
to pick up the parser is to set the endorsed dir system property and to
adding the xml parser to the manifest class path.  We now set the
system property in our main boot class based on a manifest entry in the
startup jar.  This allows us to control the setting of the endorsed
property, without having to resort to a messy shell script.

Is there something else you want added to the endorsed directory, or
something we need to do differently to make tomcat happy?

-dain

--
Dain Sundstrom
Chief Architect