geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <dsundst...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: CDATA and GBean attributes
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 01:12:06 GMT
On Feb 23, 2005, at 4:51 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> I think this is what I mean by a security builder.  However, I haven't
> figured out a very extensible way to choose the builder based on
> namespace while having the entire document validated.  There's
> probably some way to do it elegantly, but I haven't found it yet.

I'm not sure it is that hard.  At the bottom of the xsd we simply put
something like this

<xs:element name="service" type="xs:any" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

 From what I understand (and my xml parser knowledge is pretty weak),
the xml parser will allow any xml element, but the element will itself
have to be internally valid.  For this scenario, that is all we need.
We just want to support extra optional data.  Will that work, or does
it result in some inelegant or unworkable code?

-dain