geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <dblev...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: CDATA and GBean attributes
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 07:12:59 GMT
Just wondering if we aren't side-stepping the deployment system rather
than expanding it to meet our needs.  The idea of gbeans parsing xml at
startup and configuring themselves creeps me out.  The config data in
the xml won't always be valid and the xml won't always be well formed.

I've often thought that a component should be able to have it's own
chunk of xml and it's own logic for configuring the component using
that xml.

-David