geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject A couple of modest proposals
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:38:36 GMT
After this mornings build fiasco I estimate that  I personally have
spent between 5 and 10 hours dealing with the surprising behavior of
the geronimo build, i.e. "don't build it all unless you remember an
obscure switch"

I'l like to suggest two things:

1. The default top level build target should reliably build all of
geronimo.  Special targets can be provided for those who wish to build
only parts.  Perhaps the project/maven files for these sub-builds could
live in the directory of the part being built.

2. The addition of new modules, especially those that impact several
existing modules, be preceded by discussion or at least announcement on
the dev list.

thanks
david jencks