geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark <delafran_j...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: References to Beans (EJBContainers...)
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 19:50:55 GMT

>>    <gbean name="interop:type=Server,name=RMIIIOP"
>> class="org.apache.geronimo.interop.rmi.iiop.server.RmiIiopServerGBean">
>>        <reference
>> name="ContainerIndex">openejb:type=ContainerIndex</reference>
>>        <reference
>> name="Containers">openejb.server:EJBModule=ejbhw,*</reference>
>

> Do you really mean to be looking for ejbs from exactly one ejb
> module?   If so, you should include the name of the module in this
> gbean's name.

I was thinking that there would be a standard name + wildcard that would
include all EJB containers both present and future.   Will all EJB
containers have a standard naming convention or will deployers be able
to set their own name?    If user can set their own name then a standard
name with wildcard may not be added to my collection.

>>        <reference  name="AdapterManager">interop:
>> type=AdapterManager,name=AdapterManager</reference>
>>    </gbean>
>>

> I recommend that you move to the more-automatic gbean naming system
> where you specify the j2eeType in the GBeanInfoFactory constructor
> and  only the namePart in the xml config.  If you'd like me to modify
> your  gbeans for this I'd be happy to.

What would suggest the name be?

> Also, the names here imply that you are running in openejb rather
> than  full geronimo.  Is this correct?

I don't think so.  I have a temp plan in the directory
geronimo\modules\assembly, I started working from the
geronimo\modules\assembly\j2ee-server-plan.xml.

Mark